LiFT has started as a EU funded GRUNDTVIG project for life long learning and sustainable education (2013-2015). From 2015-2018 it will continue as a Strategic Partnership (Erasmus+).
Leadership for Transition (LiFT) brings together innovative researchers, practitioners and citizens engaged in the fields of leadership, education and societal transition to promote more integrative, more effective and thus more sustainable ways of living in Europe and beyond. The project rationale holds that in times of multidimensional crisis, leadership increasingly needs to empower individuals and society at large to take over responsibility for working towards the common good.
LiFT therefore has two goals:
First, it creates a forum for researchers, practitioners and civic activists in the above mentioned fields to exchange knowledge and experience as to the personal, social and cultural skills which professional and civic leaders must possess in order to encourage and empower other people towards civic initiatives towards sustainability.
Second, LiFT trains (potential) leaders and interested citizens to be more effective in supporting eco-system transitions (Scharmer 2009) on local, regional, national and transnational levels and to make the necessary changes in their private and/or professional lives.
During our Strategic Partnership, we will develop a train-the-trainer course program with learning materials which will be available in 2018.
One of the methods used is the Collaboratory, a collaborative multi-perspective, multi-stakeholder dialogue forum aiming at engaging relevant actors in a collective visioning process around "big" social challenges.
Project website: http://leadership-for-transition.eu/
Project leader: Dr. Elke Fein
9. LiFT workshop: "Gemeinschaftskinder", Ökodorf 7Linden, Pfingsten2017
8. LiFT workshop: "Adaptive Learning and Job Creation in the Digital Age", Trondheim (Norway), Sept. 30-Oct 1, 2016
7. LiFT workshop: "Making Politics more Collaborative", as part of the Almedalen week, Gotland (Sweden), July 3-10,2016
6. LiFT workshop: Hosting the Benelux Pop-Up University for Transition, Luxembourg, November 18-20, 2015
5. LiFT workshop: Impact Leadership Track for "Trust & integrity in the global economy (TIGE)", Caux (Switzerland), June 26-July 1, 2015.
More info here
4. LiFT workshop on "The future of organization(s)", Vienna (Austria), November 21-22, 2014
Workshop call and more info here
3. LiFT workshop "Why School? A visioning workshop about the future of education", Stockholm (Sweden), August 22-24, 2014
For comments and feedback see here.
2. LiFT workshop "Co-creating Collective Intelligence for Complex Challenges", Trondheim (Norway), February 28-March 01, 2014
1. LiFT workshop: Kick-off meeting, Freiburg (Germany), October 03-05, 2013
Global Repository of Integral Research
One of the projects launched by IFIS is about building a global collective repository on integral and likeminded research worldwide making use of the latest Web 2.0 technology. Global and collective means that multilingual information of any format can be very easily fed into and retrieved from the system by a any member of a geographically distributed community of researchers. The participating researchers commit to respect certain standards and procedures in order to maintain the systems' performance, coherence and relevance. The steadily growing repository is covering information pertaining to IFIS' pluralistic understanding of integral approaches across various interconnected categories like:
- historical and contemporary researchers and their publications
- academic journals and book series
- projects, events and funding opportunities
- initiatives, institutions, and post-secondary educational programmes.
Project leader: Dr. Markus Molz